Some Favorite Books This Week!
I’ve been having a tough time keeping up with both the reading AND posting here. While I get it all sorted out, I thought I could at least post the review links to Amazon here, so you can read them there!
By the way, the first book on the top line above is my own cookbook with recipes for side dishes you can make ahead for the holidays. I actually wrote this book and tested the recipes when I worked nightshift at a local hospital. If I can find time to cook ahead as a busy nurse, you can, too! Check out the book if you’d like to enjoy the holidays with your friends and family…and not be so stuck in the kitchen when everyone else is having fun!
Note: I am listing reviews as I do them each day. Sometimes, Amazon takes days or even a week or more to approve these reviews, so you will see a lag between when I list reviews and when a link is available. The longest I had to wait was 3.5 weeks!
Note about Goodreads and BookBub Reviews Linked Below
Sometimes, you’ll see me link to my review at Goodreads or BookBub. That’s usually because I’m having some sort of issue with Amazon: they’re taking waaaaay too long to post the review or they’ve rejected the review because they say it isn’t up to “community standards.” They are never specific… and just ask me to review the community standards page. I wish they would be specific… so I can avoid whatever it is they don’t like. Most “rejected” reviews are rather tame; some are even 5 stars. I’ve noted that some words seem to trigger it, like boring or transitioning. Hey, sometimes things just ARE boring, and it is much more succinct to say that than “visually unappealing” when talking backgrounds in children’s activity books! Others completely leave me scratching my head about what might be “wrong” with the review.
Hope that life becomes a little more sane so I can post my full reviews here soon!
- A Wilful Misunderstanding by Amy D’Orazio
- The Secret Seduction by Charlie Lane
- One Scandalous Christmas by Jane Burrelli (one book in a collection)
- A Secret Desire by Charlie Lane
- Stolen Heart by Joyce Alec
- Highlander’s Heart by Mariah Stone
- Highlander Hunted by Rebecca Preston
- The Warrior of the Glen by Michelle Deerwester-Dalrymple
- Tomboys Don’t Love Christmas by Christina Benjamin
Mysteries, Suspense, and Thrillers
- Trust of the Goddess by Laura Greenwood
- Embracing Irina by Michelle Mars
- Fractured Core by Laura Greenwood
Chick Lit / Women’s Literature / Literary Fiction
- Memories in the Drift by Melissa Payne
- Under a Gilded Moon by Joy Jordan-Lake
- The Empress by Laura Martinez-Belli
- German Shepherd Lovers Coloring Book by Nora Reid
- Jew(ish) by Matt Greene
- Bucket List Ideas for National Parks by Bucket List Publishers
- Mushroom Cultivation by
- Farm Connect the Dots Book for Adults by Modern Dots Publications
- Let’s Focus on Puzzles by Unforgetable Notes
Business, Money, & Investing
- Marketing in the Digital Era by Alina Swanson
- Be Basic: Spice Cabinet Staples by Emmy Gatrell
- Around the World in 80 Ways: Exotic Spice Mixes by Emmy Gatrell
- Marinades for the Rest of Us by Emmy Gatrell
- Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Amanda Hodges
- Rub It Down by Emmy Gatrell
- Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep Cookbook by Lisa Rainolds
- Around the World in 80 Marinades: Exotic Marinades by Emmy Gatrell
Children’s Activity & Joke Books
- Kindergarten Math Workbook age 5-7 by Future Youth Publishing
- Number Tracing Book for Preschoolers and Kids Ages 3-5 by Future Youth Publishing
- Thanksgiving Activity Book for Kids by Pamparam Press
- Easy Word Search by Find and Search Press
- Cursive Handwriting Workbook for Kids by Future Youth Publishing
- The United States Activity and Fact Book by Dylanna Press
- The Christmas Jokes Game Book for Kids by Hayden Fox
- D’Nealian Cursive Handwriting Workbook for Kids by Little Pumpkin Activity
- The Haunted Halloween Activity Book by Dan Carney